What is ELCAS?
ELC (Enhanced Learning Credits) is a scheme aimed at providing members of the armed forces of the UK with lifelong learning opportunities. Financial support is provided in the form of a single, up-front payment towards the courses that you wish to study. The ELC scheme is administered and managed by ELCAS (Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Services) as a part of the MOD (Ministry of Defence). Administrative support and regulating of training providers is also provided by ELCAS.
Making the transition from the Armed Forces back to civilian life can be challenging and, at times, daunting. The ELCAS scheme endeavours to make that transition as smooth and easy as possible by helping those that have served, or are still serving in the military, gain recognised certifications, giving them a far greater chance at gaining employment once they have finished their service.
Your ELC entitlements
You can use the credits that you gain through ELC both whilst you are serving in the armed forces and for up to ten years after finishing your service.
The following points outline how ELCAS credits are earned and how those credits can be used:
- After completing a total of four years of service you will be entitled to lower tier ELC funding of £1,000.
- After completing a total of eight years of service you will be entitled to higher tier ELC funding of £2,000
- You will be allowed to make up to three claims against the funding scheme, but you will only be entitled to claim once every calendar year.
- ELCAS funding is only available for those courses that will lead to a level 3 NVQ or higher, recognised qualification on the National Qualifications Framework.
- Ensure that you are registered in order to claim, as this is a prerequisite.
How do I claim?
First, please visit the CADUK ELCAS Provider page to view a list of our approved qualifications that are eligible for ELC funding. Once you have determined that your chosen qualification is eligible, please follow the steps below:
Complete the ELCAS Claim Form (click here to download it) quoting the following provider information:
- Provider Name: CADUK- The Competence Assessment & Development Centre Ltd.
- Provider ID Code: 8555
- Those that are currently still serving in the military will need to obtain a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN) from your line manager and education staff.
- Those that have finished their service will need to obtain a Claim Authorisation Note from their Single Service Representative.
Once your claim has been accepted, please give us a call on (01952) 292 005 and send us your Claim Authorisation Note (CAN) to begin the enrolment process.
For further information please contact us on 01952 292 005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org