Black CSCS Card?
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) aim is to increase safety on construction sites and ensure that those in the construction industry work to an industry standard and have the ability to carry out their role safely and effectively.
The Black CSCS card is the Managerial Level card that is accessible to those that have achieved a Managerial NVQ Level 6 & 7 in the Construction Industry. This card demonstrates that you have the skills, knowledge, experience and capability to manage personnel in a construction environment.
How can I access this card?
Completion of a any of the NVQ qualifications below at Level 6 or 7 will enable individuals to access the Black CSCS card:
- Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management -NEW for senior project managers, contracts managers, operations managers and directors of construction companies.
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Senior Site Inspection – for experienced site inspectors, architectural inspectors and quality inspectors.
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – for those working at senior site management level.
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management – for estimators, quantity surveyors, buyers, planners, logistics managers, site agents and lifting managers, as well as project managers and site managers overseeing smaller parts of the overall project.
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice – for those senior personnel involved in the practical application and/or management of health and safety.
How are these qualifications assessed?
We deliver NVQs 6 predominantly through our unique ‘CADUK ePortfolio’ online assessment system. Many of our assessors at Level 6 & 7 are Fellows of The Chartered Institute of Building and they will guide you through the process using the ePortfolio, as well as TEAMS, Email and Telephone.
Candidates are required to respond to the questions by attaching documentary evidence that proves their competence and supplementing it with a short written/verbal description or in the case of the level 7 a professional discussion. We provide support for 12 months through this online route, although generally these qualifications are easily achievable in 2-3 months (and much less, given the right amount of support).
How much do these qualification cost?
The Level 6 NVQs costs £1850 + VAT and the New Level 7 NVQ in Construction Senior Management costs £2100 + VAT (This included registration fees, assistance with CIOB etc).
Where can I get some more information?
If you need more information on any of these qualifications, click the appropriate link(s) above to visit the specific qualification page on our website. Here you can also download the ‘initial profile tool’ for each of these qualifications to find out if you skills, knowledge and experience to complete them.
Alternatively call CADUK on 01952 287 366.