I have completed my NVQ with CADUK, How can I apply for the CSCS card?

You can apply for your CSCS in two ways:

  1. Online – By clicking HERE
  2. By phone – 0344 99 44 777 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)

we recommend that you use the online service. Applying online will be considerably quicker than applying over the telephone.

What will I need to apply for the CSCS card?

In order to apply for your CSCS card you will need the following documents:

  1. A scanned copy of your NVQ certificate of achievement (CADUK will send you this by email)
  2. A passport-style photograph – Click HERE to see the photograph requirements.
  3. Your CITB Health, Safety and Environmental Test ID number (see below)

How much does the CSCS card cost?

All CSCS cards cost £36.00

How long does the CSCS card take to arrive?

Once your application has been approved your CSCS card will be posted out to you the next working day. Most cards arrive at their requested destination within 3-5 days of application approval. If your card does not arrive within 10 days then please contact CSCS on 0344 994 4777.

Will I need to pass the CITB HSE test first?

To apply for a CSCS card you are required to pass the appropriate level of CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test within the last two years. The test is usually taken as a PC-based touch screen test at one of the many CITB approved test centres located throughout the UK.

There are 3 types of HS&E test:

  • Operative:
    • – This tests for a basic level of health, safety and environmental awareness. This test is required when applying for the Labourer card, the Trainee card, the Apprentice card, most Blue Skilled Worker cards and most Gold Advanced Craft cards.
  • Manager and Professional (MAP) – for those that have completed an NVQ Level 5-7 with CADUK:
    •  This tests for everything in the operative test, plus additional material relevant to managers and professionals. This test is required when applying for the Black Managers card and the Academically or Professionally Qualified person cards.
  • Specialist – for those that have completed an NVQ Level 3-4 with CADUK:
    •  This tests for everything in the operative test, plus additional material relating to a specialist area such as supervision or working at heights. Specialist tests are required when applying for the Gold Supervisor card, as well as Blue Skilled Worker and Gold Advanced Craft cards in certain occupations.

If you know which type of test to take, you can contact CITB to book and pay for the test online or phone CITB on 0344 994 4488.

Revision materials are available from the App Store, most high street and online booksellers or the CITB website.

The test costs £22.00

Please note: The test is owned and managed by CITB (not CSCS). If you have any queries relating to the test please contact CITB directly (Tel: 0344 994 4488). 

How do I find my certificate number?

You can find your certificate number usually at the bottom of your NVQ certificate that will have initially been sent to you by email.

On ProQual certificates the certificate number is clearly displayed at the bottom left corner of the first page.

On Pearson/Edexcel certificates however the certificate number is contained within a long reference number towards the bottom of the second page. The below Pearson/Edexcel example shows the 8 digit certificate number highlighted in red which is located just before your date of birth. 


Latest articles