Level 2 NVQ Certficate in Pedestrian Tower Crane15 June 2022 2022-06-15 14:34
Level 2 NVQ Certficate in Pedestrian Tower Crane
Pedestrian Tower Crane - Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations
- This Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations is accessible to Tower Crane operators that have already completed one of the following courses (and hold either the Red CPCS card or the Red NPORS card in this category):
- CPCS A04c (previously A63) Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane course
- NPORS N115 Remote Control Tower Crane course
In addition to passing one of the above training courses, candidates must also have had at least 6 months experience operating Pedestrian Tower Cranes on a real construction site before they can enrol onto this qualification.
Achievement of this qualification enables candidates to upgrade their Red ‘Trained Operator’ CPCS/NPORS card to the Blue ‘Competent Operator’ card.
Candidates must complete three units in total for this qualification. This includes two core units and one category-specific unit. The two core units are the same on all categories of plant NVQ, therefore if a candidate has already achieved these units (i.e. on a prior NVQ in plant operations) they will not need to complete them again and will only need to achieve the one category-specific unit.
The three units of this qualification are:
- (core) Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- (core) Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- (category specific) Preparing and Operating Remote Controlled Tower Cranes to Lift and Transfer Loads in the Workplace.
What are the benefits of this NVQ?
Frequently asked questions
Price above includes SQA registration fees.
CITB Grant claimable (Free NVQ)
CADUK are a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO). This enables CITB registered companies to claim back £600 on completion of this qualification through the Short Period Qualification Grants scheme. This includes small employers (i.e. those with a wage bill of less than £80k) who don’t have to pay the levy. This grant applies to directly employed staff on the payroll and all subcontractors.
To check if your company is eligible to claim please call CITB on 0344 994 4455.